Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thundercats Ultimates pre-order!

Thundercats apparently are back as alluded:

Thundercats are loose! Super7 is proud to announce the debut of the Ultimate Thundercats! Each 7-inch super-articulated deluxe action figure comes straight from Third Earth to you, beautifully painted and featuring a huge variety of interchangeable parts and accessories.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	L01_2048x2048.png?v=1565374785.png
Views:	13
Size:	36.3 KB
ID:	53344Click image for larger version

Name:	J01_2048x2048.png?v=1565374744.png
Views:	12
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	53345Click image for larger version

Name:	M01_2048x2048.png?v=1565374846.png
Size:	27.1 KB
ID:	53346Click image for larger version

Name:	P01_2048x2048.png?v=1565374883.png
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	53347

$45 a piece. To pre-order (8/12 - 9/13) and for more info and better pics, go here:

https://preorder.super7store.com/?go...eid=27a371416e

Brian Flynn said that they have 16 ThunderCats figures that they are currently working on. Hopefully they get these figures out at a fast pace.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
      Brian Flynn said that they have 16 ThunderCats figures that they are currently working on. Hopefully they get these figures out at a fast pace.
      16?!!!... Don't tempt me please!

Are we talking about 16 Classics style figures, or ReAction style figures (and what have you) included?

Comment

• Captain Atkin
        Captain Atkin commented
        Editing a comment
        Classics figures.

So happy Thundercats Classics is returning, and I think the Ultimate reissues is the way to go to get new fans on board, but I hope there’s new characters to be revealed at Power-Con and the next wave for those of us who already have the Mattel Thundercats and don’t need Ultimates can get some figures too. Spring 2020 is a long time away just for reissues (plus, this is Super 7 so August 2020 is more likely), and I don’t trust Warner Bros one bit regarding Thundercats toy licensing. We’ve been down this road too many times and too many unfinished Thundercats lines for Super 7 to dilly dally when it comes to getting the main team members out.

....and 16 characters? That certainly seems ambitious for a small company having to deal with a bunch of dicks that is WB’s legal department. I wish them the best of luck, and hope they reach that goal, but at Super 7’s snail pace it could take a decade....

Comment

• Y2Greg
        Y2Greg commented
        Editing a comment
        Supposedly they are going to release a new wave every 3 months. We'll see.

• Mechanizor
        Mechanizor commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I saw that while I was at work today.

I plan to buy all these!

Comment

• Mechanizor
        Mechanizor commented
        Editing a comment
        I have to think about it myself. Part of me wants them all, and part of me wants to hold back for a few reasons:

a) I wasn't totally happy with S7's QC on a bunch of their figures, and the last batch of Collector's Choice won't be here until November in order to check out if there is any improvement with their QC!

b) I made a huge investment on the Snake Mountain already.

c) Big delays expected S7's batches!

d) This property had always some issues with their licensing.

• Y2Greg
        Y2Greg commented
        Editing a comment
        I believe Super7 is committed to releasing a deep and complete line, which Thundercats has lacked since LJN.

Well then I’m looking forward to the first wave of new figures. I just hope they can keep as close as possible to that every 3 month time frame.
      I already have the Mattel versions, and despite the Ultimates coming with more accessories, I am 100% confident that my Mattel figures will be superior in quality than the Ultimate figures.....And this is coming from a guy who has been happy with all his Super 7 MOTUC figures, except for how small Hawke turned out.

Comment

This is amazing. I hope the quality holds up though..

Now we're getting TMNT and Conan as well. If they manage Silverhawks, I'd love to see GI Joe and Battle Beasts done in this scale
        “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
          This is amazing. I hope the quality holds up though..

Now we're getting TMNT and Conan as well. If they manage Silverhawks, I'd love to see GI Joe and Battle Beasts done in this scale
          Battle Beasts would be an epic line no doubt about it.

Comment

For those who are curious about the Thundercats schedule:

Wave 1 – Now (Last day is Sep 13th)
            Wave 2 – January 2020 x 4 figs
            Wave 3 – April 2020 x 4 figs
            Wave 4 – July 2020 x 4 figs
            Wave 5 – October 2020 x 4 figs

Comment

A little commercial with dumb special effects from S7:

Comment

Just a reminder, today is the last day to pre-order the first wave of the Thundercats from Super7.

Sadly, I will be skipping this line for a bunch of reasons... After all, I simply cannot collect everything I see and like!

Good luck to everyone who's committed to this new line of figures.

Comment

I ended up buying an extra Jackleman to use as a soldier. That's it for me.
                  "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Against better judgement I got all 4.
                    I blame the heads and accessories.

but being BRUTALLY HONEST, I'm 95% sure that I won't be "all-in" on these. I just want Tygra, Cheetara, Snarf, Mumm-Ra, Slythe, Monkian, and Vultureman.

Maybe Hachiman and Mongor, but I don't want to commit to Willa of the Jungle Maidens without getting Tygra, or getting Hammerhand and no Cheetara...

just look at club Grayskull... We got Kittrina, Modulok, Man-E-Faces, but no Ram Man, Orko, or Leech who are more important than these.
                    I ♥ Glimmer!

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 82 users online. 0 members and 82 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,190 at 05:57 AM on 11-27-2015.

Working...
                    X