Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Super7 reveals @ NYTF 2019; movie MOTU figures and more...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super7 reveals @ NYTF 2019; movie MOTU figures and more...

I know at least a couple of you here will be very excited to see this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	super7-fwoosh-ccwave3-movie_full.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	52671

The Mechanical Universe is inevitable.

And in case if you just missed it, MOTUC Snake Mountain's Pre-Order is coming in May 2019.

Comment

Awesome. I was never interested in getting movie accurate versions, but I’m preordering these for sure.
      Even though I think he looks fantastic, I’m a little disappointed in getting another Karg so soon after the comic colours one. Also very interested in the Conan figure too. I prefer the Vikor figure we got as a Conan figure, but I still want this one, maybe with a custom head though

Comment

• Captain Atkin
        Captain Atkin commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm glad they did it in the classic colours, just so I can give a figure to the actor who played him. Robert Towers is in his 80s now, and he deserves a proper Karg figure

I'm definitely gonna get these, even though I feel their style is a bit too detailed and "realistic" for the rest of the Classics line. I believe they're closer looking to the 4HM's Mythic Legion figures than MOTUC.
      I'm not too sold on this Conan figure still, but I might get that Voltron especially if he has articulated legs.

Comment

Some pics:

Name:	pixeldan-toyfair2019-super7-cc-godskeletor_full.jpg
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	52677

Name:	pixeldan-toyfair2019-super7-cc-movieheman_full.jpg
Size:	79.6 KB
ID:	52678

Name:	pixeldan-toyfair2019-super7-cc-moviekarg_full.jpg
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	52679

Name:	pixeldan-toyfair2019-super7-cc-movieskeletor_full.jpg
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	52680

Comment

Looking good.

I’m curious to see a better picture of the second He-man head. I don’t really see any difference from that angle

Comment

• Mechanizor
            Mechanizor commented
            Editing a comment
            Like wise. The first head looks like Rambo's to me!

...so did they not get likeness rights from Dolph or does the face sculpt just suck?
          Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post
            ...so did they not get likeness rights from Dolph or does the face sculpt just suck?
            He resembles Sylvester Stallone/Rambo more than Dolph with that head!

Comment

Here is Pixel-Dan's walkthrough video with Brian Flynn:

Comment

• Mechanizor
                Mechanizor commented
                Editing a comment
                BTW, Snake Mountain it's gonna be $600!!! Yikes... At least they're offering a six month payment plan for it! It's better be good though without issues.

Name:	pixeldan-toyfair2019-super7-snakemountain_full.jpg
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	52717

Comment

A group photo:

Name:	Toy-Fair-2019-Super-7-MOTU-and-7-Inch-Figs-001.jpg
Size:	141.7 KB
ID:	52722

Comment

Holy **** I didn't expect this. I'm totally impressed. Glad they're pre-order and there's no chase. I would've thought for sure God Skelly would be hard as hell to obtain. Now let's hope Flynn's magic fingers can deliver good product.

Also since they're doing turtles and everything else, hopefully the consider Injustice figures since we do have a MotU crossover with them currently in comic form.
                  “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

I just realized I went straight negative. That wasn't very nice.

The movie figures are cool for those that want them. He-Man's head sculpt is lacking, but otherwise they are nice. If they made an Evil-Lyn I might bite, but will be skipping these myself. If this is what was supposed to be so great a reveal for Classics fans, they completely failed this particular Classics fan.

Snake Mountain looks spiffy, but a few caveats:

-I hesitate to give S7 $600 based on their QA track run so far.

-I am not seeing actual product. I need to see actual product before I lay down $6, much less $600.

-Even if it is everything I could ever wish it to be, I literally cannot wrap my head around where I could possibly put it.
                    Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Probably S7 will provide images of the final sample when they launch their campaign of the Snake Mountain. As for its size, it will still be huge, however it's gonna fold just like CG, so if you plan it ahead of time you might be able to squeeze out some real-estate for it.

But $600 for S7's QC track record is a very hard pill to swallow.

Comment

I wish I could find the card design that Emil did that was mostly black with stars and the MotU logo. It had a movie boxart feel to it and would look much better with those figures over the green brick.
                        “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Does Movie Skeletor comes with his sword too?

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                            Captain Atkin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            If he does, it wasn't on display.

Looks good to me overall. SM at $600 is a lot- do I even have room for it? I would be looking at over 200+ on top of that here in Europe. $800+ on SM? I've spent that much on other collectibles before but for things that were vintage, rare, etc. Not a preorder on a new item. Why is this so much more than CG?

BWS/Marvel Conan looks like the art, and is a must. music avenger looks fun too.
                          “What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."― Salman Rushdie

Comment

Originally posted by _RZ_ View Post
                            Looks good to me overall. SM at $600 is a lot- do I even have room for it? I would be looking at over 200+ on top of that here in Europe. $800+ on SM? I've spent that much on other collectibles before but for things that were vintage, rare, etc. Not a preorder on a new item. Why is this so much more than CG?

BWS/Marvel Conan looks like the art, and is a must. music avenger looks fun too.
                            For me and I live here in SF California where S7's headquarter is, SM would probably cost me close to $760 shipped if not more after taxes and shipping cost estimates, and still if they give us free shipping on this item with no additional payment plan imposed charges like before (which I doubt), still it would cost me about at the very least $670!
                            Last edited by Mechanizor; 02-24-2019, 03:35 AM.

Comment

I hope Snake Mountain is big, but not too big. I only have so much space. $600 is a lot, but as long as it's a quality product, I'm fine with it.
                              “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 152 users online. 0 members and 152 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,190 at 04:57 AM on 11-27-2015.

Working...
                              X