Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collider Podcast: Here's how you make a MOTU movie.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collider Podcast: Here's how you make a MOTU movie.

I don't watch Collider's videos anymore because of their atrocious and bias opinions, however I found this particular clip interesting to share:

In my opinion, the mini comics and the 200X MYP's cartoon have the best sources on how make it...The 80's Filmation is just too silly for a movie material.
    The Mechanical Universe is inevitable.

Interesting video. He definitely knows what a MOTU film should be. Star Wars meets Lord of the Rings is right on the money.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

I love Collider, Harloff and Reilly are top dudes but I started reading their treatment and I didn't like it, Skeletor should not be flying around in a massive space ship. I didn't like Justin Marks's one either as it sounded just like Lord of the Rings but you swap rings for swords. Folks seem to want a make a fantasy movie with these characters but they nobody is making what I call a MOTU movie. It's a children's fantasy with archityopes and rather silly names. Good luck making a serious movie with that. Rangarok very much shows you how to handle silly things in a cool baddass way but as you saw, neither Harloff nor Reilly wanted that.

Comment

Originally posted by Eamon View Post
        Good luck making a serious movie with that. Rangarok very much shows you how to handle silly things in a cool baddass way but as you saw, neither Harloff nor Reilly wanted that.
        To be fair, Batman and the other DC/Marvel films have had silly characters names as well, and yet have managed to be successful serious action movies with some humor in them...

I always thought when I was a lot younger that a good MOTU movie would be a good mix of elements from LOTR and Star Wars. It's not that hard to accomplish if you have a good script. Just looking at some of the Thor sceneries gives you a hint on how it's done.
        The Mechanical Universe is inevitable.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 145 users online. 2 members and 143 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,190 at 05:57 AM on 11-27-2015.

Working...
        X