Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MOTUC Snake Mountain's details from Super7.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTUC Snake Mountain's details from Super7.

From Super7's website:
    Here we go at last! The evil Skeletor’s massive, and we mean MASSIVE, fortress is here! The Masters of the Universe Collector’s Choice Snake Mountain Playset stands 36-inches highand opens to a staggering 48-inches wide, making it the most absurdly large Masters of the Universe playset ever made!The highly detailed Snake Mountain playset features:
    Demon with moveable jawNarrow bridge of red hot lava falls
    • Functioning trap door
    • Real chains to shackle Skeletor’s enemies
    • Break-away wall secret entrance
    • Skeletor’s table and bone throne
    • Horrifying dungeon creatures
    • and more!
    The Masters of the Universe Collector's Choice Snake Mountain Playset will be available for pre-order from May 1st to 31st for $600 (plus shipping) and a 6-month payment plan will be available. Figures are not included.
    Link:
    https://super7.com/blogs/news/snake-mountain

Click image for larger version  Name:	SnakeMountain-IGPhotos1-CompleteFront_1024x1024.jpg Views:	1 Size:	105.3 KB ID:	52920

Click image for larger version

Name:	SnakeMountain-IGPhotos7-CompleteBack_1024x1024.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	52921
    The Mechanical Universe is inevitable.

I'm getting it as I'm stupid like that but I'm not seeing $600 dollars here, especially with the lack of any electronics. One or two things should've been changed but it very well sculpted and will be a hell of thing to own. Living in the UK, I expect to pay at least another $100 on shipping and god knows what fees I will incur.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
      Captain Atkin commented
      Editing a comment
      I think they should throw in at least one free figure. Just add something special to it.

I'm in the same boat, I have to have it, but for $600, at least they should've added more detailed paint applications (like spikes and the green snake), and more accessories, features or a figure or two!

Comment

...I just can't see handing Super7 $600 based on the quality (or lack thereof) of their output...
      Not every beast is tender, especially if there is genius in his making.

Comment

Originally posted by Dark Angel View Post
        ...I just can't see handing Super7 $600 based on the quality (or lack thereof) of their output...
        It's a tricky purchase for sure, on one hand it's a limited run, so either you have it now, or you miss out (In a normal scenario)!... On the other hand you always can sell it on the secondary market for more than the original cost, especially if the quality turned out to be subpar to the Castle Grayskull's quality.

I'd say if you've invested in it, and then the initial reviews were negative before you open yours, you have the option of selling it in mint condition when the market is hot.

Comment

Pre-Order details:
          https://preorder.super7store.com

PRE-ORDER WINDOW

About this pre-order

Super7 is proud and happy to announce the Masters of the Universe Snake Mountain Playset!

The pre-order window for the playset opens on Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at preorder.super7.com and will close on Friday, May 31, 2019.

The production and release of this item depends on Super7 receiving a minimum number of orders before the pre-order window closes. If this minimum is not met the Snake Mountain Playset will be cancelled and orders will be refunded.

A non-refundable deposit of $100 is required at the time of purchase for this pre-order. Deposits will be returned if the Snake Mountain Playset is cancelled by Super7.

If you pay in full at the time of purchase and the Snake Mountain Playset is cancelled by Super7, full payment will be returned.
          We are offering a payment plan option for those that would like one. The payment plan will break your purchase into 6 separate payments, and will be managed by our partner Partial.ly, with the non-refundable deposit required as your initial payment on this plan. Click HERE for details about the payment plan.

The Snake Mountain Playset is available to U.S. DOMESTIC DELIVERY ADDRESSES only. The per unit shipping cost will be $150 per playset in addition to the item’s price and any taxes. International Order details to follow soon.
          TERMS OF SERVICE

Please read before placing orders

Note: New Super7 customers will need to create an account in the pre-order store. If you have pre-ordered from Super7 before, you already have an account.

Once you place your pre-order, you will be locked-in with the following Terms of Service:

A payment plan of 6 separate payments is available with our partner Partial.ly. A 5% service charge will apply when using this payment plan service.

This pre-order will stay open until Friday, May 31, 2019. Your order cannot be combined with non-pre-sale items in your shopping cart. If you wish to purchase other Super7 items, please place a separate order, and we will get it out to you right away.

The Snake Mountain Playset is available to U.S. domestic delivery addresses only.

All sales are final. Due to the size and shipping constraints on the Snake Mountain Playset we cannot replace the actual playset, but if any accessories are received broken or missing, please contact [email protected] and provide us your order number, photos of the damaged item, the box it was shipped in and the packing list.

Super7 will not replace or exchange any outer shipping cartons or internal mailer cartons. We will also be unable to exchange this item solely on the condition of the carton you received. These cartons are made to shield the collectible from damage during the shipping process and are not considered a part of the item's packaging.

For any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
          Okay, what did I just read? $150 for shipping in the US?!!! WTF Super7?!!!

Comment

More about the payment plan:
            Payment Plan

• We are offering a payment plan option for those that would like one. The payment plan will break your purchase into 6 separate payments and will be managed by our partner Partial.ly.
            • Only credit cards can be used for payment plan orders.
            • All orders using the payment plan will include a 5% service charge to cover additional fees associated with the plan.
            • The initial pre-order payment will be $100 (one hundred dollars) which will also serve as a non-refundable deposit towards the item. The 5 remaining payments of 20% each will follow monthly. Payments will be based on the date when you place your initial order and subsequent payments will be monthly (i.e. If you order on May 1st, your next payment will be on June 1st, and final payment on November 1st). All 6 payments will be inclusive of the shipping costs for the order.
            • This will be an automated process and orders that do not complete the payment process will be subject to cancellation.

Comment

BTW, I did a quick check out to see how much it would cost me here in California with the plan and taxes, the result is: $823.50!!!... It would be a little cheaper if I pre-order from BBTS!

Nope, I have to wait until someone brings a little sanity to this equation before I pre-order.

Comment

That “US domestic delivery addresses only” line....
                doesn’t just mean no PO Boxes?

Unless I finally come to my senses and realize just how stupid it is to spend that much money on a single toy, I’m thinking about having one shipped to one of those US address services (since they’re NOT PO Boxes) and simply driving across the border to pick it up. I’m not too far from one of those establishments, so I’d save my province’s 13% tax when it comes to Customs charges plus whatever handling fee would be added to something that size.

Comment

........Just did the math and it doesn’t look good.
                  For a Canadian, the absolute minimum it could cost with Customs and the current exchange rate is $1125 CND.
                  And that’s with an optimistic handling fee, and if we also ‘only’ have to pay $150 in shipping.....and not even considering what the marked up currency exchange rate that our credit card companies use when we make purchases from the States. I also forget if we get charged the California State tax when we make a purchase from Super 7, will have to check my Conan preorder from Super 7...

If only our dollar was at par with the USD again....
                  Last edited by Croc-O-Bite!; 05-02-2019, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
                    ........Just did the math and it doesn’t look good.
                    For a Canadian, the absolute minimum it could cost with Customs and the current exchange rate is $1125 CND.
                    And that’s with an optimistic handling fee, and if we also ‘only’ have to pay $150 in shipping.....and not even considering what the marked up currency exchange rate that our credit card companies use when we make purchases from the States. I also forget if we get charged the California State tax when we make a purchase from Super 7, will have to check my Conan preorder from Super 7...

If only our dollar was at par with the USD again....
                    Probably I shouldn't be complaining myself, LOL!

My Goodness, I don't know what I should do, it's a lot of money for a single plastic playset with sooo little features! Probably I might have to cancel my 1987 movie figures pre-order in order to get this with that stupid $150 shipping charge!
                    I thought the $600 tag price should've covered the shipping Chines fees by default, and we get to pay the domestic $40-$50 carries shipping fees!

Comment

For those of us who don't live in the US, you can save money on shipping through Entertainment Earth:

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...d=HE-408202950

"We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
                        For those of us who don't live in the US, you can save money on shipping through Entertainment Earth:

https://www.entertainmentearth.com/p...d=HE-408202950
                        I checked their shipping options here in my area, it's Fedex for $90. The downside is to pay it in one lump-sum when it ships out!
                        Still, that's a significant savings for most if the fees are correct.

Comment

I just ordered through entertainment earth, $739.49 taxes and shipping included without having to put money down. Now I have 7 months to save up. Shipping was $90 taxes were $49. This in my opinion is a better option than having to put down money right now and having to pay more to the company that is making this. I saved $60 in the end and I will get my overpriced snake mountain. I have plenty of time to get the funds together and it won’t make me feel as guilty making this kind of purchase. I’m not promoting buying such an overpriced item but if I didn’t buy this now I know I would’ve regretted it later and more than likely paid twice as much. I also collect MP transformers and if mp44 is around a ridiculous $450 that a lot of ppl will be paying, I figured I can afford this Playset. Just my 3 cents.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                            Mechanizor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            When I think about it, I think EE is the better option and value thus far, I would only go to S7 if I decided to pick up the payment plan option, which lets me save $83. My total with EE would be $741 (740.99)

I'm gonna wait for a bit, probably S7 would discount their shipping charge before I hit the trigger on SM with EE.

BTW, I just placed my pre-order with Entertainment Earth as well. I've heard they may run out of their limited designated orders (I don't know if this is true or just a marketing scheme), but in the end I've saved some money on shipping and didn't have to pay the 5% to S7's payment plan... But what really got me sold is there was no down payment to lose if things go belly up and I had to cancel... Now, I better start saving for what could be the last Collector's Choice unit we might see coming from S7!

Comment

Someone posted this at the other site:

I asked Brian Flynn how Snake Mountain is being drop shipped from China for the $150 shipping cost and what if any part of it is damaged from factory how do we send this back?

He replied

It will be shipped FedEx freight if in the USA.

Returns will be made on any pieces that are broken, not the whole playset.

Comment

I'm really looking forward to this playset. I know it's pricey but it's something I've been wanting since Mattel's San Diego Comic Con 2015 panel.

Comment

Originally posted by Y2Greg View Post
                                I'm really looking forward to this playset. I know it's pricey but it's something I've been wanting since Mattel's San Diego Comic Con 2015 panel.
                                Let's just hope it goes through and the units arrive safe with no issues.

From what I've read and heard, this might be the last major project concerning MOTUC that Super7 is putting out!? Probably Mattel/Universal is taking or holding the licenses back until further announcement... Hint: No Skeletor's lair held by S7 at the upcoming SDCC 2019!

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanizor View Post

Let's just hope it goes through and the units arrive safe with no issues.

From what I've read and heard, this might be the last major project concerning MOTUC that Super7 is putting out!? Probably Mattel/Universal is taking or holding the licenses back until further announcement... Hint: No Skeletor's lair held by S7 at the upcoming SDCC 2019!
                                  Yes, it's possible this could be it.

I wish Super7 focused in getting more Collector's Choice out there instead of all the cartoon stuff, but oh well. Snake Mountain may very well be the most impressive item in the line. A fitting end if so.

Comment

BTW, I found this post on the other site:
                                    A message from Super7 owner Brian Flynn:

After 9 days, we are at 35% funded on Snake Mountain, so I’m feeling pretty positive about this behemoth. Especially when we get our Canadian, South American, Mexican, Australian and Asian friends locked in on shipping. More soon everyone and thanks to everyone who has purchased a Snake Mountain playset so far!

Name:	N1kdnjb.jpg
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	52961

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanizor View Post
                                      BTW, I found this post on the other site:

Name:	N1kdnjb.jpg
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	52961
                                      I wonder how it's selling compared to Castle Grayskull? And how many do they have to make?

Comment

Originally posted by Y2Greg View Post

I wonder how it's selling compared to Castle Grayskull? And how many do they have to make?
                                        It’s too early to tell, since many of the international customers don’t have access to it yet... The rumor has it by someone who allegedly spoke to the S7 guys at one of the conventions, the minimum amount of units for this to be made is 1000!...

Comment

A little SM commercial from Super7:

Comment

Another updated image from Brian Flynn:

Name:	YHtcftX.png
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	52980

Last edited by Mechanizor; 05-17-2019, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                                              Mechanizor commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              According to Brian, this meter/scale reflects all retailers combined, not just S7...

• Dark Angel
                                              Dark Angel commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              All retailers who have placed orders, sure. Unless he's psychic he has no idea what the numbers will look like from the retailers that wait until the last minute to lock in their orders.

• Mechanizor
                                              Mechanizor commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Good point, however his retail partners might be updating him with their own numbers?!... Nonetheless, I still think the whole thing is a go, and they're gonna profit from it well enough, otherwise I don't think S7 would consider the whole move without making a good chunk just before the expiration of their license!

Here is an interview by Adultcollector.org with Joe Amaro and Nate Baertsch discussing their role in creating the upcoming MOTUC Snake Mountain:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.p...800&__tn__=K-R

Click image for larger version  Name:	60357793_1331358190349998_9003115879008829440_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=5221ae5bab9a098964df0023f799e9c4&oe=5D569232.jpg Views:	1 Size:	243.2 KB ID:	52982

Name:	60491753_1331353300350487_5945703955781648384_o.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.xx&oh=b892dedeb74ded555e49bcda62796798&oe=5D52E132.jpg
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	52983

Comment

• Y2Greg
                                              Y2Greg commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              Thanks for posting! The future of MOTUC doesn't sound too hopeful sadly.

• Mechanizor
                                              Mechanizor commented
                                              Editing a comment
                                              You're welcome... As for the future of the MOTUC line, I think it's unknown, so many mixed messages from different sources!

I think if Snake Mountain succeeds, it might give Mattel/Universal a good sign to keep going with this line until the new movie takes over... IMO there is a good amount of strong characters, vehicles, beasts and playlets to be made.
                                              Between the vintage vehicles/playsets, mini-comic beasts/demons, 200X ABC giants, and the rest of the NA unreleased characters, there is a lot of tooling expense, however if the pre-ordering model was done in a strategic manner, all can be obtained without the need of the weak cartoon characters a few would want in their collections.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 202 users online. 2 members and 200 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,190 at 04:57 AM on 11-27-2015.

Working...
                                          X