Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castle Grayskull dungeon grate! (Well of Souls)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Castle Grayskull dungeon grate! (Well of Souls)

Boss man Atkin was kind enough to allow me to post my kickstarter here at HMW- The goal of the project is to fund my take on the classic dungeon illustration seen in Mark Taylor's original Well of Souls illustration. The 3d grate is offered in both vintage and MOTUC sizes so you really can't go wrong either way! Feel free to take a look as it's a piece I believe really sets off the completed look of CG- plus stretch goals will feature the other unproduced items from the B sheet!
    Freeman's Mind Toys is raising funds for Well of Souls- Explore the darkness below the castle! on Kickstarter! This project sets out to serve as an homage to the 1980's dungeon sticker by Mattel and Mark Taylor- As a 3d object this time.

Awesome project, I hope your goal is reached and can't wait to see the sand shark
    “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

Looks awesome!
      One stupid question about the $50 level.... Will the standard painting be to match the original sticker as close as possible, or would wanting that require selecting he $60 level?

Comment

• Crespo
        Crespo commented
        Editing a comment
        I disagree, it's not a stupid question.
        AFAIK, $50 is meant to be painted as close to the original sticker as possible.(No black "ink lines&quot $60 is for a different set of colors (4-6 according to the kickstarter FAQ). I guess that IF the 30 slots for the default palette option run out, the people ordering the Custom paintjob can choose the default colors.)

That looks so cool!
      "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Niiice, and goodluck.
        The Mechanical Universe is inevitable.

Comment

Well, since I am a backer on this project Is like to post an update. Even though the campaign was successfully funded - and this was years ago now - he just cancelled the project because it was 'taking too long' to fulfill production and reward backers. Supposedly everyone was refunded; however since my pledge was noted as 'could be used as gift', he decided I didn't deserve a refund and says he already sent out products to fill my gift pledge. He will not refund something he has already sent out.

Tread carefully if he posts about any more projects. I do have proof of his statements, and his promise of a refund to all backers. If this is not allowed, please edit or remove.

Comment

Originally posted by rothsauce View Post
            Well, since I am a backer on this project Is like to post an update. Even though the campaign was successfully funded - and this was years ago now - he just cancelled the project because it was 'taking too long' to fulfill production and reward backers. Supposedly everyone was refunded; however since my pledge was noted as 'could be used as gift', he decided I didn't deserve a refund and says he already sent out products to fill my gift pledge. He will not refund something he has already sent out.

Tread carefully if he posts about any more projects. I do have proof of his statements, and his promise of a refund to all backers. If this is not allowed, please edit or remove.
            That's sad to hear!... So are you still getting the actual dungeon grate or just a random product from him?

Comment

Originally posted by Mechanizor View Post

That's sad to hear!... So are you still getting the actual dungeon grate or just a random product from him?
              Nothing actually. He is just refunding people their pledge amounts. As far as I know the only people who received any grates or physical product(s) were whomever he gifted my pledge tier to - assuming that statement is actually true. Apparently not everyone has received their refund either so the whole situation is sad.

Comment

Originally posted by rothsauce View Post

Nothing actually. He is just refunding people their pledge amounts. As far as I know the only people who received any grates or physical product(s) were whomever he gifted my pledge tier to - assuming that statement is actually true. Apparently not everyone has received their refund either so the whole situation is sad.
                So why people have waited that long to complain (two years), and how many out of the 62 backers actually got their products in hand? Couldn't Kickstarter refund people's money somehow after the grace period (if there is such a thing?) and then deal with the campaigner on their own? (sorry, I don't have any experience with kickstarter's policies)

Comment

So why people have waited that long to complain (two years), and how many out of the 62 backers actually got their products in hand? Couldn't Kickstarter refund people's money somehow after the grace period (if there is such a thing?) and then deal with the campaigner on their own? (sorry, I don't have any experience with kickstarter's policies)
                  Oh people hadn't been waiting that long to complain - they have been doing so the entire time.
                  Problem is the goal was funded. Once it's a success, as long as the project creator makes an effort to give consistent updates and is transparent - KS tends to take a hands-off approach. They also can't directly refund money. Any refunds or compensation lands squarely on the project creator. Getting KS to do ANYTHING - even when it violates their rules, is difficult. I've been in contact with them about his actions and it has pretty much been generic replies saying to get in touch with the creator and work something out. They seem to be ignoring the screen shots I've sent where he flat-out refuses to do anything - even though he told me he did have production units made and used my tier to send them out to whomever. There is still no proof of that but he says he has it.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Interesting! Thanks for the reply rothsauce, so in other words, Kickstarter is an unreliable platform, unless the campaigner is an established individual or a company where people can go after if things go wrong.

In your case, can't you just dispute the funding with your credit/bank institution?

Comment

Interesting! Thanks for the reply rothsauce, so in other words, Kickstarter is an unreliable platform, unless the campaigner is an established individual or a company where people can go after if things go wrong.

In your case, can't you just dispute the funding with your credit/bank institution?
                      It's not as unreliable as this situation makes it seem. There are risks involved for sure - you can't be sure what you're funding will follow through and deliver, or deliver something up to the standard it presented itself as. It might take longer than expected to fulfill as well. I've backed quite a few projects and have only had this plus one other that were ever questionable in their practices. Some projects took a while longer to fulfill but the creators came through in the end.

Unfortunately this project has taken so long that disputing the charge is no longer an option.

Comment

Sorry to read that you were taken for a ride with this kickstarter campaign rothsauce.

One question I have for anyone who may know, or tried purchasing this item from BBTS is..... what exactly is BBTS selling? Were a few made and only BBTS got a few while the rest of the backers got refunds? Is BBTS selling a preorder for an item that’s never going to come because it’s already been canceled?
                        Are these test runs that are being sold off after the project was abandoned?

If someone here ordered one and received it, I’d love to see a picture.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 232 users online. 1 members and 231 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,190 at 04:57 AM on 11-27-2015.

Working...
                        X