Getting Back Into It

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Back Into It

Like most, I grew up with the original Masters of the Universe in the 80’s. As it faded in the late 80’s, I jumped on board with Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Shortly after that, in the early 90’s, I turned into a teenaged, high school student. As a young adult, probably around 2000, I started getting nostalgic for He-Man. I started buying carded and boxed items on eBay. At the same time, I found he-man.org and the community that it offered.

I continued to keep up with everything going on through the years. I collected Masters of the Universe Classics for a while. It was probably 2010 that I started to lose interest. Family life became from and center, financially and mentally.

Now, with the movie, the retail toy line and the cartoon coming, Masters of the Universe is getting my attention again. My son is still of age to get him interested so I’m excited about that aspect of it too.

So any way, I’m sure there are probably a lot of people here, that are also on he-man.org. As I’ve gotten back into it, and got back on he-man.org, I just found its forums to be very bloated and unfriendly to use. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not talking badly about he-man.org. It’s a great site and community, but I just wanted to see what else was out there and found this site.

I’m really excited about all that is coming. I think this could be the true return of Masters of the Universe. Even my son is excited.

Welcome to the forums, and I hope you'd enjoy it here.

This place was created basically to allow alternative voices to say what's on their minds in regards to the MOTU brand and its past, and its current issues without playing too many political games or enforcing censorship on fans' views and their opinions so long as they are constructive.

Here it feels more like a lounge with a relaxed atmosphere with a lot less noise than the Org.

Have fun.
    Last edited by Mechanizor; 09-07-2019, 02:43 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
      "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome to the forums.

It’s been quiet around here lately, but hopefully you’ll give this place as things will pick up with more things to talk about, as we get closer to the retail release of the Origins toy line and the new cartoon

Comment

Welcome to the forums..

We're not the anti-org, just an awesome alternative!
            “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 284 users online. 1 members and 283 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,190 at 04:57 AM on 11-27-2015.

Working...
            X