Mattel SDCC exclusive He-man & Prince Adam 5.5 inch

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattel SDCC exclusive He-man & Prince Adam 5.5 inch

Mattel is back with vintage inspired 5.5 inch figures with added articulation. I’m loving the fact it’s a mini comic Prince Adam and even He-man has some mini-comic influences with the knife that fits in the side of the boot!

I hope this won’t be too hard for a Canadian like me to obtain.

https://nerdist.com/article/sneak-a-...con-exclusive/

I really like the look of this... I wonder if this exclusive is the initiation of a new MOTU toy line based on the 80’s 5.5” vintage style figures?
    The Mechanical Universe is inevitable.

Comment

Here's Pixel Dan's video on this subject:

Comment

I saw this post from the Org's Tallstar:

A couple things I've seen on social media:
        • Brandon was the original creative force behind this.
        • Eric: "I'm not happy with the elbows or the hips on the production versions, but the rest of it looks pretty good. The prototypes for the upcoming ones we're doing and that we're more involved with now are resolving those issues though."
        • Mattel: "This is a first look at the new Masters of the Universe "Origins" line."
        So, it seems like it is a new MOTU line from Mattel called "Origins" with the partnership of the 4HM.

Comment

• Croc-O-Bite!
          Croc-O-Bite! commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope it’s a brick and mortar retail line. Mattel is absolutely the worst company ever at getting their product to specialty stores or selling on their own.

• Mechanizor
          Mechanizor commented
          Editing a comment
          But also, Mattel has had the most and most of usual distribution system when it comes to retail. I hope it has changed by now!
          I remember hunting for those 200X figures and vehicles was a nightmare back in the day!

Another interesting post from AdultCollector:

Four Horsemen Studios is working on this line. Eric "Cornboy" Mayse shared this with me today: "We didn’t do the He-Man & Adam figures but we’re doing almost all of the rest of them, and we’ve set up some of the articulation on our prototypes a little differently than those first two figures. We’re hoping they keep things the way we’ve designed them. We’ll see."
        So I wonder if this new line would encompass all what the vintage line had back in the 80's and more, like playlets, vehicles, beasts and accessories since it's main audience is kids and not just adult collectors!

Comment

No interest in this.

Comment

Oh man, I cannot wait to get these. I'm already fantasizing about all the figures I would love to see in this style. Roboto, Moss Man, Man-E-Faces ... I just wonder if they will keep some of the action features for characters like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Weissy View Post
              Oh man, I cannot wait to get these. I'm already fantasizing about all the figures I would love to see in this style. Roboto, Moss Man, Man-E-Faces ... I just wonder if they will keep some of the action features for characters like that.
              Probably they might keep some of the classic action features as long as they don't hinder the necessary articulations they're shooting for. For example, articulated legs and torso for Ram-Man would very likely replace his old spring loaded leg mechanism.

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

A comparison pic of He-Man, vintage vs Origins SDCC 2019 exclusive vs MOTUC vs Filmation:

Click image for larger version  Name:	EDyBkqk.jpg Views:	1 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	53123

More pics from someone who has the exclusive set already:

Click image for larger version  Name:	a0666bd3b246bbfb49cb729b0ab0c609.jpg Views:	1 Size:	102.0 KB ID:	53124

Click image for larger version  Name:	1dc50ad3bb071f179a8cabf25fdba8ed.jpg Views:	1 Size:	91.0 KB ID:	53125

Click image for larger version  Name:	d84cfb2b471826345d9f883ea37f1522.jpg Views:	1 Size:	110.5 KB ID:	53126

Comment

• Mechanizor
                  Mechanizor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Something about the old 5.5" funky proportions that makes them look great, timeless and unique!

The box art provided by Toyjesus:

Click image for larger version

Name:	e6f9f3cdb324a5610459db915dda790a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	53131

Name:	aac0399d99493880b456cf73a2463520.jpg
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	53132

Name:	5404cf6701137c5cc3efa541e0b7e2df.jpg
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	53133

Name:	9884dfec93a035835a7dfc532c289c2d.jpg
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	53134

Name:	a43bbb304e56895a606a003cbdf6c38f.jpg
Size:	83.5 KB
ID:	53135

Name:	65a284b134bebbde85805be9a1d1ed3a.jpg
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	53136

Name:	b010eca99bb66804c1ccc52fee5e9809.jpg
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	53137

Comment

• Mechanizor
                  Mechanizor commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Why this has to be the SDCC exclusive, tell me whyyyyyyyy?!😭

At least we know He-man will reappear at retail (although knowing my luck it will be without that Alcala shield and the retail version will get the vintage toy shield), but I’m worried about missing out on a mini-comic Prince Adam (after all we had to wait until last year via a Power-Con exclusive to finally get him in Classics).

But really, Mattel’s distribution has been so utterly pathetic recently, even for their own sub-par standards, that this could all be a moot point anyways.
                Just look at the past year and a half of DC Multiverse.... Places like BBTS and EE only getting partial orders from Mattel and waiting six months or more for the rest of their orders to still go unfulfilled.
                I swear, it’s as if 99% of Mattel’s cutbacks took place in their distribution section.
                If Mattel keeps up this level of ineptitude with delivering action figure product that isn’t WWE, then it’s going to feel like every Origins figure is an exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
                  At least we know He-man will reappear at retail (although knowing my luck it will be without that Alcala shield and the retail version will get the vintage toy shield), but I’m worried about missing out on a mini-comic Prince Adam (after all we had to wait until last year via a Power-Con exclusive to finally get him in Classics).

But really, Mattel’s distribution has been so utterly pathetic recently, even for their own sub-par standards, that this could all be a moot point anyways.
                  Just look at the past year and a half of DC Multiverse.... Places like BBTS and EE only getting partial orders from Mattel and waiting six months or more for the rest of their orders to still go unfulfilled.
                  I swear, it’s as if 99% of Mattel’s cutbacks took place in their distribution section.
                  If Mattel keeps up this level of ineptitude with delivering action figure product that isn’t WWE, then it’s going to feel like every Origins figure is an exclusive.
                  I'm genuinely worried if this new line is gonna be a scalpers wet dream if Mattel doesn't fix its issues by the time it gets released...

We need a proper disclosure from Mattel about this line and how it's going to be produced and distributed, and if possible for how long? After all, most of us fans wish the best for this brand to flourish and survive.
                  Last edited by Mechanizor; 06-28-2019, 04:13 AM.

Comment

I may come off as cynical but I do want the brand to flourish, it’s just so god damned frustrating watching Mattel shoot them selves in the foot time and time again with some self inflicted problem after another.

-Shitty distribution that is constantly months behind the competition, or non-existent distribution.
                    -Unbelievably stupid case pack-outs.
                    -Sending the wrong product out, like that time Mattel convinced Walmart to give the 200X line one more chance only to send the new Snakemen & Zodak waves that were supposed to go to Walmart to Aldis discount grocers instead, and cases full of Smash Blades and Spin Blades that were supposed to be discounted at Aldis to Walmart instead.
                    -Giving the keys to the MOTU mythos to some shameless self promoting thief who claimed to be a writer because he wrote a sentence on the back of a Hot Wheels card.
                    -Digital River

Can you blame me for wondering “how are they going to **** things up this time”? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Croc-O-Bite! View Post
                      I may come off as cynical but I do want the brand to flourish, it’s just so god damned frustrating watching Mattel shoot them selves in the foot time and time again with some self inflicted problem after another.

-Shitty distribution that is constantly months behind the competition, or non-existent distribution.
                      -Unbelievably stupid case pack-outs.
                      -Sending the wrong product out, like that time Mattel convinced Walmart to give the 200X line one more chance only to send the new Snakemen & Zodak waves that were supposed to go to Walmart to Aldis discount grocers instead, and cases full of Smash Blades and Spin Blades that were supposed to be discounted at Aldis to Walmart instead.
                      -Giving the keys to the MOTU mythos to some shameless self promoting thief who claimed to be a writer because he wrote a sentence on the back of a Hot Wheels card.
                      -Digital River

Can you blame me for wondering “how are they going to **** things up this time”? lol
                      Blame you? On the contrary, I'm with you on all the points you've shared, and the new Mattel staff needs to pay a lot of attention to those concerns.

Sadly a bunch of "the elitists" of this community and their blind followers keep whitewashing those problems to this in order to get recognition and all type of perks in return!

Comment

Toyark has a little review/article about the SDCC exclusive with tons of beautiful pictures:

https://news.toyark.com/2019/07/13/s...gallery-351870

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 234 users online. 1 members and 233 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,190 at 04:57 AM on 11-27-2015.

Working...
                        X