Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Dark Crystal, Age of Resistance; teaser!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Crystal, Age of Resistance; teaser!

Okay, I've been waiting for this since the day they've announced it a long ago. I'm a huge fan of the original film and music score, I've read the comics, I own the art and making of books, I also poses the comic books and the graphic novels in my collection, not to mention how that fantasy film and its amazing soundtrack had major impacts on me on how I view the fantasy genre and how I design.
    This little epic teaser from Netflix brings that beautiful world of puppetry back in the manner of how it should be viewed, and I believe Jim Hanson the original creator would be probably very proud of the outcome right now if he was alive, at least visually:

Let's just hope Sony/Universe/Mattel would treat the new MOTU movie in a closer manner and respect the original source material...
    The Mechanical Universe is inevitable.

This movie terrified me as a kid. Looking forward to seeing this series.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Atkin View Post
      This movie terrified me as a kid. Looking forward to seeing this series.
      Ha!.. Many kids were back in the day!

I myself only found the crumbling of the dying emperor was a little disturbing, and of course the feast scene was also disgusting to watch, other than that the movie was a bit of magic in my eyes!

Comment

I had no idea they were making this! the team behind the new HE-MAN movie should pay attention, as practical FX can work wonders. Just imagine Orko being done in a similar style to these characters.
        “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Here is a little and interesting video (from one of the hardcore fans) that analyzes and breaks down the Netflix trailer:

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 218 users online. 1 members and 217 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,190 at 04:57 AM on 11-27-2015.

Working...
          X