Spanish Language version of Filmation He-Man series

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOTU Spanish Language version of Filmation He-Man series

They show the old Filmation He-Man and the Masters of the Universe cartoons on one of the over-the-air Spanish language stations here in Chicago. There are lyrics to the opening theme music, sung by a woman in Spanish, and they are totally rockin! The bummer of it is that not only do I not speak Spanish, the credits are solely for the English language Filmation voice cast, Erwin, Oppenheimer, et. al. It's a little disheartening to see that these voice actors for the Spanish language version don't get credited in any way. Does anyone happen to know what the lyrics are? I'm sure they're hella lame and sound way more rockin' than they actually are, but I would like to know.

It's funny, my two He-Man t-shirts that I wear on the regular—including my HMW one—get much more recognition from native Spanish speaking individuals. Whether it's little kids or clerks at Walgreens or whomever, He-Man is still totally bitchin' to non-English speakers. It's pretty awesome.

Originally posted by MrCellophane View Post

It's funny, my two He-Man t-shirts that I wear on the regular—including my HMW one—get much more recognition from native Spanish speaking individuals. Whether it's little kids or clerks at Walgreens or whomever, He-Man is still totally bitchin' to non-English speakers. It's pretty awesome.
    That's awesome to hear that people recognize the old-school font on the shirts. Shows how popular the original packaging and logo was.
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

Comment

Memo Aguirre sang the theme and he's a guy. :P

"It's a little disheartening to see that these voice actors for the Spanish language version don't get credited in any way."

I'm guessing that's something that got lost when the dub was inserted in the Hallmark's transfers of the episodes. Croatian dub, for example, had credits like this:

So maybe Spanish broadcast version had the same thing.

Anyway, here's the translation of the lyrics: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=1#post1828833
      Last edited by D.M.; 04-04-2016, 06:58 PM.
      “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

• MrCellophane
        MrCellophane commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome! Thanks for sharing

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 189 users online. 2 members and 187 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,190 at 04:57 AM on 11-27-2015.

Working...
    X