Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The OFFICIAL guide to He-Man AND She-Ra

Soon.
    Last edited by D.M.; 12-04-2015, 12:48 AM.
    “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Will definitely be picking it up!
    "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

Nice to see James Eatock's already great work become "official" book.

Here is some more info about it:
      $39.99 USD
      9" wide x 12" tall (like the Art of He-Man book)
      592 pages
      hardcover

"Dark Horse has had great success with their two previous He-Man titles, The Art of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Minicomic Collection so why not a complete guide to the classic cartoons that started the whole He-Man phenomena? Also covers all episodes of the spinoff series, She-Ra: Princess of Power.

From 1983 to 1986, He-Man and his twin sister She-Ra entranced a generation of boys and girls all around the word with their animated adventures, offering not only cartoon excitement, but also important moral guidance. Now, Dark Horse Books is proud to present the first ever official companion to the classic series, featuring over 500 pages of fascinating story synopses, animation process, and trivia for every single episode of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra: Princess of Power!

Series Overview: 500 pages of fascinating story synopses, animation process, and trivia for every single episode of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe and She-Ra: Princess of Power!

Contributors: James Eatock is an English freelance animator, designer, writer and publisher. He is commonly known on the internet as Busta Toons."

Comment

Nice! Can't wait for this one
        Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

I'd love to see a review of it first before I consider buying it.

I never cared much about the designs of the Filmation characters even though some looked good or at least interesting, however I really loved the background art, the color pallet and the sceneries from those shows!
          Last edited by Mechanizor; 12-04-2015, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Great to see and a sure buy, but truthfully I wonder who is going to be in charge of final content and credit after what we know

Comment

• D.M.
              D.M. commented
              Editing a comment
              To my knowledge James Eatock has already written the entirety of the book's content and provided all the animation art required.

• deano_ue
              deano_ue commented
              Editing a comment
              thats good to hear, with the rumors of certain people claiming final say on all DH books i was worried

592 pages ... that means there's room for something like a 2-page spread on each episode and still 150 pages left to fill with general material, artwork, model sheets, etc.

This could be the end-all book for the Filmation series.

Comment

I haven't been feeling very excited about this new book. I would want to see some pages first before I consider buying it, to see what the layout will look like.
              “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

As a mini comic fan, I must say dark horse knocked it out of the park with the mini comic collection.

I'm sure they'll do the same for Filmation fans with this one.
                “Collective fear stimulates herd instinct, and tends to produce ferocity toward those who are not regarded as members of the herd.” ~Bertrand Russell

Comment

• MrCellophane
                  MrCellophane commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I never read the mini-comics as a kid, so that compilation has been amazing for me to rediscover all that old stuff. Definitely my favorite MOTU related purchase this year

Press release is up!
                http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2210/d...s-universe-com

Just to clarify in case there's some confusion, Bruce Timm's not the one who designed unmasked Orko.
                “A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ― Robert A. Heinlein

Comment

Few pics of the artwork you can expect to see in the book.
                  https://www.instagram.com/p/BAzvwuorRhD/
                  https://www.instagram.com/p/BAxI9BfLRse/
                  https://www.instagram.com/p/BAusV5YLRlW/

Comment

New cover:

Comment

The full cover looks great. Glad they added She-Ra.
                      “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

It's on sale!
                        http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/28-39...-Adventures-HC

Comment

I got mine from my LCBS. This book is HEAVY as hell! I think that it's the heaviest book that I own. It weighs more than the Art History guides that I brought from college.

That being said, I love all of the info. Busta Toons should be proud of himself. I only hope this much care goes into a MYP guide.

Comment

I will get this book soon. Not first time I am supporting James' work.

Comment

I'll be getting mine next month or so from Amazon since I'm a Prime member there...

Comment

In case anyone's wondering - Shokoti's gloves are black because they're black on the line art model sheet that was at our disposal.

Comment

Got it the other day and don't really like it to be honest. Can't really put my finger on it quite yet, but it just doesn't excite me like I thought it would.
                                  "If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all." ― Noam Chomsky

Comment

So, I got my copy today (late, I know), and I think it's a great reference to the Filmation episodes, it's heavy in weight (hard cover) and it feels like an encyclopedia of some sort, and definitely it packs a lot of info in there...
                                    It has some art work from the animation series including storyboards, deleted scene art and trivia, however it's not an art book or an extensive visual guide!

I recommend it if you are geek enough to enjoy reading about the history behind making the series and/or a hardcore MOTU/POP collector, also it will be a great addition to your Dark-Horse MOTU books.
                                    Last edited by Mechanizor; 10-21-2016, 04:32 AM.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 186 users online. 2 members and 184 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,190 at 04:57 AM on 11-27-2015.

Working...
                                    X