He-Man and the Masters of the Universe MYP Cartoon Series Bible

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 200X He-Man and the Masters of the Universe MYP Cartoon Series Bible

He-Man World has received an official copy of the complete and unaltered He-Man and the Masters of the Universe Cartoon Series Bible by Mike Young Productions and Mattel (Version #5.0 – 2002-2004).

You can view the entire MYP Cartoon Series Bible gallery by clicking
    HERE!
    2002 He-Man MYP Bible
    "We must always value life. Even the life of one who opposes us." ― He-Man

No giant watermarks across each picture!! Nice
    “The internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it." ― John Perry Barlow

Comment

Great stuff Captain...

Comment

I am loving this!

Comment

Reading...great stuff.

Comment

Nice, got my afternoon settled.
            “Anything is a dildo, if you're brave enough"
            Thomas Jefferson

Always looking to trade MOTUC to complete my collection.

Comment

Great stuff! Makes me want to rewatch the MYP series
              Heroic human battering ram, catapult, and space warp device.

https://battleram.wordpress.com/

Comment

140 pages! This bible is incredible! Thanks for posting this guys
                “We change people through conversation, not through censorship." ― Jay Z

Comment

i'm confused, i thought a tv show bible is written so that writers base their episodes on it & do not contradict things. but this one has stuff about season 2 with specific episode numbers. it seems more like a summary of the show than a guideline. the date at the top of each page is 2010 so was it written after the show ended or was it just updated? i was hoping to see something from before the show started. like the SOH bible.
                  http://thepowersword.blogspot.com

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                    Captain Atkin commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It was updated from time to time while the show was in production. That's why it is listed as version 5.0 (May 2003) on the cover. The 2010 date at the top corner may have just been the last time this copy of the bible was saved, and not necessarily updated.

What's funny is how so much stuff is left OUT of this document.

Keldor and Randor being Brothers.
                  The Gar" race is not mentioned at all...
                  Hordak's bio is practically non existant! We don't get any mention of The Horde Wizards, generals or soldiers. His Bio doesn't even mention He-Ro...I guess the DVD was working from a later version of this document. LOL :P
                  Phravus get's a full blown recap...Does not mention the Horde at all. (Somebody once said, he kidnapped Adora but I can't recall the source anymore on that)

But then we get BRAND NEW information like Ceritus being Whiplash's older brother. I don't think that was mentioned in the German scanned Black and white photo copy version. I think there are some other differences, but I lost my copy of that I made using Google to translate it a while back. IIRC that was almost half the size of this bible though. Might as well throw THAT scan up for posterity to see how this living document changed over time.

It's VERY interesting to compare this to all of the wild statements made about the show. SO much of what we think we know about MOTU lore is rumor mixed with gossip, speculation false recollections mixed with our own personal interpretations.

Originally posted by PhantomZodak View Post
                  i'm confused, i thought a tv show bible is written so that writers base their episodes on it & do not contradict things. but this one has stuff about season 2 with specific episode numbers. it seems more like a summary of the show than a guideline. the date at the top of each page is 2010 so was it written after the show ended or was it just updated? i was hoping to see something from before the show started. like the SOH bible.
                  You can see two early development bibles written by Michal Halperine at the .Org. They both build on that original 1982 one.

I asked Dean Stephan on Facebook about all three bibles. He said he didn't look at this much if at all, he doesn't remember. To him, it looked like something they made from his, and other people's work. I'd guess so perhaps MVCreations knew what to stick to? So in a sense it's more of a Style Guide or Licensing Kit then a series bible technically speaking I guess?
                  Last edited by Shawn; 04-05-2015, 09:59 AM.
                  Once upon a time, good advice was "be kind Rewind"now nobody remembers the past.

Masters of the universe The LOST TALES (a series of vintage style fan-comics and children's books)

Comment

Originally posted by Shawn View Post
                    His Bio doesn't even mention He-Ro...I guess the DVD was working from a later version of this document. LOL :P
                    Actually, from what I've heard, the stuff about He-Ro and Hordak on the DVDs was added in by Neitlich, presumably to back up the Convoluted Classics Continuity.

Comment

• Captain Atkin
                      Captain Atkin commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes... it was added by Neitlich. It really had no business being on the DVD, as it was never a part of the cartoon series.

• Shawn
                      Shawn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Exactly, hence the "LOL :P"

From a marketing point of view I can understand WHY he did that. It did generate "buzz" for He-Ro so mission accomplished. :/
                      I guess a less damaging way to include that information would have been to make it read something like "Note: according to legend He-Ro blah blah blah" to indicate that this isn't information or story material that had to do with MYP.

I wonder if the DVD has any other alterations compared to this bible?

Originally posted by Shawn View Post

I asked Dean Stephan on Facebook about all three bibles. He said he didn't look at this much if at all, he doesn't remember. To him, it looked like something they made from his, and other people's work. I'd guess so perhaps MVCreations knew what to stick to? So in a sense it's more of a Style Guide or Licensing Kit then a series bible technically speaking I guess?
                    It is still a series bible, a licensing kit is very different (I have both the volumes from the 2002 licensing kits) but it's more a quick reference guide for everybody. I doubt they did it just for MVC.

Originally posted by Matthew L. Martin View Post

Actually, from what I've heard, the stuff about He-Ro and Hordak on the DVDs was added in by Neitlich, presumably to back up the Convoluted Classics Continuity.
                    I can confirm this: James was writing the bio and all of a sudden, we found them altered. It was Scott, and he even went behind BCI's back. He sent the alteration to the authoring house, BCI people were as surprised as us.
                    Of course, we weren't happy, as this was altering a product made before and by something else to build his new continuity.

Comment

• Mechanizor
                      Mechanizor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Another reason to hate on Nutlich... Man, that guy has an abysmal nature to him, there is no reason what so ever to befriend such a weasel, let alone praise him like some of those guys at the Org!

• GREP-A-TOR
                      GREP-A-TOR commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Front Page this!

• Shawn
                      Shawn commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks for the clarification. I didn't mean to imply that Mattel did it just for MVC, only that MVC was the only one using it since we didn't have a ton of kids books and various merchandise like in the 80's.

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 191 users online. 2 members and 189 guests.

Most users ever online was 2,190 at 04:57 AM on 11-27-2015.

Working...
                  X